Pages

The Return of Pretty

February 17, 2014

There's been a noticeable shift in the design world towards 'pretty' spaces which Stacy Bewkes of quintessence blog has discussed in this post. For me this means a shift away from ugly on purpose furnishings and fabric (sorry Kelly Wearstler,  but I do still love your Katana fabric which I've recently ordered). Along with pretty comes 'matchy' which is still considered a curse word to many. But I see it happening in an updated modern way with repeating fabric and colours throughout a room. Look at these 'pretty' slightly 'matchy' rooms...





And my take on 'pretty'...


What do you think of the return of 'pretty'?

2 comments:

  1. Well you will laugh when you see my post, we are on the same wave length here with Mint!! I should have had you do the board for my post!! I love all these room, gorgeous, there is a continuity with color or even paper but it still has personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. I've been noticing that trend too and found myself liking it. I just thought it was my age( getting older), but I prefer the way you stated it as modern. Yes, it's current and fresh! I feel young again.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete