Pages

Finding Inspiration

November 18, 2013

While watching Sex and the City 2 I was feeling quite inspired by the bold use of colour and pattern. Then along came Carrie in her spice souk outfit and I fell in love all over again. Oh how that skirt would beautifully translate into drapes. 


My apartment has wall to wall, floor to ceiling windows that need something luxurious and I think  lilac silk drapes with a silvery panel along the bottom could work. The current curtains were left behind by the previous tenant who had lived here for the past 30 years and probably installed



 them when she moved in. They really need to go (and so do the chairs for that matter, or least refinishing them completely).



 I've created two design boards because I'm undecided on the coffee table.



SofaGeddes Furniture (custom sizes available)
Pillow - 219
Dresser - Pieces
Mirror - Bungalow 5
Chairs - 1st dibs
Coffee Table  - Karl Springer

2 comments:

  1. Love both boards, I am totally smitten with first cocktail table but am swayed to the airy glass considering al the other fabulous pieces! Soo cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree about the first cocktail table… but I already own the second (well a similar one). Maybe I'll leave that decision for last and see how the current table looks.

      Delete