Pages

October 28, 2013

Creating continuity with colour in my small apartment is what I'm aiming for. I like the sense of calm it creates regardless of how wild the colour choice. Throw in contrasting art or chairs to keep it from being too monotone.

Now I'm not talking match-matchy here, just having 2 to 3 key pieces the same shade: sofa/wall colour, curtains/wall colour, bedding/flooring or wall colour, etc.

Currently my sofa is charcoal/black and I'm not going to match the paint to it because the living room flows into the dining room and hall with no obvious transitions for a change of colour. I have no problem with a black bedroom, powder room, or kitchen. In fact, I've done all three in the past. So I'm leaning towards using this technique in the itty bitty bedroom.

These are my inspiration pics...


(House Beautiful)

(via)

(Tory Burch)




(Elle Decor)

(House Beautiful)

(House Beautiful)









No comments:

Post a Comment